Madison Road Trip, 10/11 - 13:
1) Dane County Farmers Market - and foliage!
2) Fresh tortillas at the DCFM
3) Fabulous charcuterie at the Heritage Tavern, just off Capitol Square; Chef/owner Dan Fox not only makes all of the wonderful pork products pictured (rillettes, soppressata, country pate, pancetta wrapped around the pickled watermelon rind), but also raises the Mangalitsa pigs from which they are made. Top notch food, even better service.
4) Idyllic fall foliage in Mad City
5) The Arch at Camp Randall, pre-UW v. Northwestern
6) The UW Marching Band, on the way from the Student Union to Camp Randall…
7) … and here come the Badgers!
8) Gigantic student section, doing their traditional unprintable group cheers. Ah, youth!